House of Commons Public Bill Committee on the Prisons and Courts Bill 2016-17
Here you can browse the record of the public proceedings of the House of Commons Public Bill Committee on the Prisons and Courts Bill.
Committee members and staff
- Richard Arkless (Dumfries and Galloway)
- Richard Burgon (Leeds East)
- Suella Fernandes (Fareham)
- Mr Sam Gyimah (East Surrey)
- Sir Oliver Heald (North East Hertfordshire)
- Robert Jenrick (Newark)
- Holly Lynch (Halifax)
- Conor McGinn (St Helens North)
- Guy Opperman (Hexham)
- Chris Philp (Croydon South)
- Yasmin Qureshi (Bolton South East)
- Liz Saville Roberts (Dwyfor Meirionnydd)
- Nick Smith (Blaenau Gwent)
- Sir Desmond Swayne (New Forest West)
- Nick Thomas-Symonds (Torfaen)
- Michael Tomlinson (Mid Dorset and North Poole)
- Craig Tracey (North Warwickshire)
- Matt Warman (Boston and Skegness)
Reports of Proceedings
Full transcripts of the Public Bill Committee meetings.
|Comittee Debate: 5th sitting | PDF version, 179KB||18.04.2017|
|Committee Debate: Compilation of Sittings so far (PDF, 759KB)||18.04.2017|
|Committee Debate: 4th Sitting | PDF version, 140KB||29.03.2017|
|Committee Debate: 3rd Sitting | PDF version, 198KB||29.03.2017|
|Committee Debate: 2nd Sitting | PDF version, 194KB||28.03.2017|
|Committee Debate: 1st Sitting | PDF version, 157KB||28.03.2017|
Written submissions from outside bodies and individuals are circulated to MPs appointed to examine the Bill during committee stage in a Public Bill Committee. The following written submissions were sent to this committee.
Stay up to date
Keep up to date with the progress of Bills going through Parliament. Sign up for email alerts or use our RSS feeds.
Find out what happens at each stage of a Public Bill’s journey through Parliament with the Passage of a Bill guide.
Explanation of what happens after Bills have been passed, and when laws may change.