House of Commons Public Bill Committee on the Higher Education and Research Bill 2016-17
Here you can browse the record of the public proceedings of the House of Commons Public Bill Committee on the Higher Education and Research Bill.
Committee members and staff
- Mr Christopher Chope (Christchurch)
- Sir Edward Leigh (Gainsborough)
- Sir Alan Meale (Mansfield)
- Mr David Hanson (Delyn)
- Edward Argar (Charnwood)
- Dr Roberta Blackman-Woods (City of Durham)
- Paul Blomfield (Sheffield Central)
- Alex Chalk (Cheltenham)
- Jo Churchill (Bury St Edmunds)
- David Evennett (Bexleyheath and Crayford)
- Ben Howlett (Bath)
- Joseph Johnson (Orpington)
- Seema Kennedy (South Ribble)
- Gordon Marsden (Blackpool South)
- Amanda Milling (Cannock Chase)
- Carol Monaghan (Glasgow North West)
- Wendy Morton (Aldridge-Brownhills)
- Roger Mullin (Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath)
- Mark Pawsey (Rugby)
- Angela Rayner (Ashton-under-Lyne)
- Jeff Smith (Manchester, Withington)
- Wes Streeting (Ilford North)
- Valerie Vaz (Walsall South)
- Matt Warman (Boston and Skegness)
Reports of Proceedings
Full transcripts of the Public Bill Committee meetings.
|Committee Debate: 14th sitting | PDF version, 222KB||18.10.2016|
|Committee Debate: 13th sitting | PDF version, 131KB||18.10.2016|
|Committee Debates: compilation of sittings so far (PDF, 1MB)||18.10.2016|
|Committee Debate: 12th sitting | PDF version, 168KB||13.10.2016|
|Committee Debate: 11th sitting | PDF version, 117KB||13.10.2016|
|Committee Debate: 10th sitting | PDF version, 260KB||11.10.2016|
|Committee Debate: 9th sitting | PDF version, 148KB||11.10.2016|
|Committee Debate: 8th Sitting | PDF version, 165KB||15.09.2016|
|Committee Debate: 7th Sitting | PDF version, 118KB||15.09.2016|
|Committee Debate: 6th sitting | PDF version, 220KB||13.09.2016|
|Committee Debate: 5th sitting | PDF version, 142KB||13.09.2016|
|Committee Debate: 4th sitting | PDF version, 171KB||08.09.2016|
|Committee Debate: 3rd sitting | PDF version, 126KB||08.09.2016|
|Committee Debate: 2nd sitting | PDF version, 163KB||06.09.2016|
|Committee Debate: 1st sitting | PDF version, 142KB||06.09.2016|
Written submissions from outside bodies and individuals are circulated to MPs appointed to examine the Bill during committee stage in a Public Bill Committee. The following written submissions were sent to this committee.
Stay up to date
Keep up to date with the progress of Bills going through Parliament. Sign up for email alerts or use our RSS feeds.
Find out what happens at each stage of a Public Bill’s journey through Parliament with the Passage of a Bill guide.
Explanation of what happens after Bills have been passed, and when laws may change.