House of Commons Public Bill Committee on the Investigatory Powers Bill 2015-16
Here you can browse the record of the public proceedings of the House of Commons Public Bill Committee on the Investigatory Powers Act 2016.
Committee members and staff
Clerks: Glenn McKee, Fergus Reid
- Victoria Atkins (Louth and Horncastle)
- Robert Buckland (South Swindon)
- Sir Simon Burns (Chelmsford)
- Joanna Cherry (Edinburgh South West)
- Byron Davies (Gower)
- Suella Fernandes (Fareham)
- Lucy Frazer (South East Cambridgeshire)
- Mr John Hayes (South Holland and The Deepings)
- Sue Hayman (Workington)
- Stephen Kinnock (Aberavon)
- Simon Kirby (Brighton, Kemptown)
- Peter Kyle (Hove)
- Christian Matheson (City of Chester)
- Gavin Newlands (Paisley and Renfrewshire North)
- Keir Starmer (Holborn and St Pancras)
- Andrew Stephenson (Pendle)
- Jo Stevens(Cardiff Central)
- Matt Warman (Boston and Skegness)
The Public Bill Committee on the Investigatory Powers Bill has now concluded its work, and has reported the Bill to the House with amendments.
Once a Public Bill Committee has completed its work it is no longer able to receive written evidence.
Reports of Proceedings
Full transcripts of the Public Bill Committee meetings.
Written submissions from outside bodies and individuals are circulated to MPs appointed to examine the Bill during committee stage in a Public Bill Committee. The following written submissions were sent to this committee.
Stay up to date
Keep up to date with the progress of Bills going through Parliament. Sign up for email alerts or use our RSS feeds.
Find out what happens at each stage of a Public Bill’s journey through Parliament with the Passage of a Bill guide.
Explanation of what happens after Bills have been passed, and when laws may change.