House of Commons Public Bill Committee on the Energy Bill [HL] 2015-16
Here you can browse the record of the public proceedings of the House of Commons Public Bill Committee on the Energy Act 2016.
Committee members and staff
Clerks: Katy Stout, Ben Williams
- Philip Boswell (Coatbridge, Chryston and Bellshill)
- James Cartlidge (South Suffolk)
- Oliver Dowden (Hertsmere)
- Suella Fernandes (Fareham)
- Jonathan Reynolds (Stalybridge and Hyde)
- Luke Hall (Thornbury and Yate)
- Harry Harpham (Sheffield, Brightside and Hillsborough)
- Chris Heaton-Harris (Daventry)
- Simon Hoare (North Dorset)
- Stephen Kinnock (Aberavon)
- Andrea Leadsom (South Northamptonshire)
- Clive Lewis (Norwich South)
- Holly Lynch (Halifax)
- Paul Maynard (Blackpool North and Cleveleys)
- Callum McCaig (Aberdeen South)
- Matthew Pennycook (Greenwich and Woolwich)
- Julian Smith (Skipton and Ripon)
- Rishi Sunak (Richmond (Yorks))
- Matt Warman (Boston and Skegness)
- Dr Alan Whitehead (Southampton, Test)
Reports of Proceedings
Full transcripts of the Public Bill Committee meetings.
|Committee Debate: 7th sitting | PDF version, 111KB||04.02.2016|
|Committee Debate: 6th sitting | PDF version, 135KB||04.02.2016|
|Committee Debate: 5th Sitting | PDF version, 219KB||02.02.2016|
|Committee Debate: 4th Sitting | PDF version, 151KB||02.02.2016|
|Committee Debate: 3rd Sitting | PDF version, 107KB||28.01.2016|
|Committee Debate: 2nd sitting | PDF version, 65KB||26.01.2016|
|Committee Debate: 1st sitting | PDF version, 124KB||26.01.2016|
Written submissions from outside bodies and individuals are circulated to MPs appointed to examine the Bill during committee stage in a Public Bill Committee. The following written submissions were sent to this committee.
Stay up to date
Keep up to date with the progress of Bills going through Parliament. Sign up for email alerts or use our RSS feeds.
Find out what happens at each stage of a Public Bill’s journey through Parliament with the Passage of a Bill guide.
Explanation of what happens after Bills have been passed, and when laws may change.