House of Commons Public Bill Committee on the Modern Slavery Bill 2014-15
Here you can browse the record of the public proceedings of the House of Commons Public Bill Committee on the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
Committee members and staff
Clerks: Kate Emms and Fergus Reid
- Karen Bradley (Staffordshire Moorlands)
- Fiona Bruce (Congleton)
- Conor Burns (Bournemouth West)
- Mr David Burrowes (Enfield, Southgate)
- Sarah Champion (Rotherham)
- Michael Connarty (Linlithgow and East Falkirk)
- Mark Durkan (Foyle)
- Mr David Hanson (Delyn)
- Damian Hinds (East Hampshire)
- Diana Johnson (Kingston upon Hull North)
- Mike Kane (Wythenshawe and Sale East)
- Karen Lumley (Redditch)
- Fiona Mactaggart (Slough)
- Caroline Nokes (Romsey and Southampton North)
- Christopher Pincher (Tamworth)
- Chloe Smith (Norwich North)
- Sir Andrew Stunell (Hazel Grove)
- Sarah Teather (Brent Central)
- Phil Wilson (Sedgefield)
Reports of Proceedings
Full transcripts of the Public Bill Committee meetings.
|Committee Debate: 11th sitting | PDF version, 256KB||14.10.2014|
|Committee Debate: 10th sitting | PDF version, 163KB||14.10.2014|
|Committee Debate: 9th sitting | PDF version, 197KB||11.09.2014|
|Committee Debate: 8th sitting | PDF version, 124KB||11.09.2014|
|Committee Debate: 7th sitting | PDF version, 262KB||09.09.2014|
|Committee Debate: 6th sitting | PDF version, 134KB||09.09.2014|
|Committee Debate: 5th sitting | PDF version, 242KB||04.09.2014|
|Committee Debate: 4th sitting | PDF version, 91KB||04.09.2014|
|Committee Debate: 3rd sitting | PDF version, 186KB||02.09.2014|
|Committee Debate: 2nd sitting | PDF version, 125KB||02.09.2014|
|Committee Debate: 1st sitting | PDF version, 169KB||21.07.2014|
Written submissions from outside bodies and individuals are circulated to MPs appointed to examine the Bill during committee stage in a Public Bill Committee. The following written submissions were sent to this committee.
Stay up to date
Keep up to date with the progress of Bills going through Parliament. Sign up for email alerts or use our RSS feeds.
Find out what happens at each stage of a Public Bill’s journey through Parliament with the Passage of a Bill guide.
Explanation of what happens after Bills have been passed, and when laws may change.
Do you have expertise or a special interest in matters contained within a Government Bill? Submit your views to the Commons Public Bill Committee.