Children and Families Bill 2012-13 to 2013-14
- Type of Bill:
- Government Bill
- Michael Gove
Department for Education
Progress of the Bill
Bill started in the House of Commons
- House of Commons
- House of Lords
- Royal Assent
- Report stage: House of Commons | Date to be announced
|Bill 005 2013-14, as introduced | PDF version||09.05.2013|
Latest news on the Children and Families Bill 2012-13 to 2013-14
The Bill has been carried over to the 2013-14 session. The Bill is due to have its report stage and third reading on a date to be announced.
The Bill completed its committee stage on 25 April 2013. The Bill was presented to Parliament on 4 February 2013.
Summary of the Children and Families Bill 2012-13 to 2013-14
The Bill seeks to reform legislation relating to the following areas:
- adoption and children in care
- aspects of the family justice system
- children and young people with special educational needs
- the Office of the Children’s Commissioner for England
- statutory rights to leave and pay for parents and adopters
- time off work for ante-natal care
- the right to request flexible working
Stay up to date
Keep up to date with the progress of Bills going through Parliament. Sign up for email alerts or use our RSS feeds.
Find out what happens at each stage of a Public Bill’s journey through Parliament with the Passage of a Bill guide.
Explanation of what happens after Bills have been passed, and when laws may change.